⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Official Vortex Beta Release

Dark0ne

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #64460086. #64466991 is also a reply to the same post.

fritzfried wrote: Warning: Double Downloads

I'm seeing a nexus issue with downloads: Clicking Download With Manager starts a download in Vortex, no problem. But, the nexus popup with the Donate option then slowly fades in a Download button. This implies that the download has been delayed but is now available. If you click on this new button, you will initiate a second download of the same mod. This will require you to later remove the second instance from Vortex. Confusing and very annoying until you catch what's going on - which is not as obvious as it sounds here.

Otherwise, so far, so good - still working on conflict resolutions, of course.

Keep The Baby, Faith. :)
Pickysaurus wrote: Yeah. you're double it up by clicking the download button after the auto-download started. Do you not get the Windows notification from Vortex when the download is started?

that only works in windows 8+ unless you have something to handle it in 7 or below. That could be it.

In response to post #64509266.

themaniac117 wrote: Vortex is garbage. It's an overdeveloped, messy, borked mess. Nice job sabotaging the original mod manager, which worked essentially out of the box. End of an era.

Bullshit, I have been using this even since the alpha state. With NMM had several problems, crashes, and the tool suddenly stopped managing some files, making a mess of files. Go trow your garbage elsewhere!

Thanks for this great tool, also I have come to its defense. I have been using this even since the alpha state. With NMM had several problems, crashes, and the tool suddenly stopped managing some files, making a mess of files. Just had a little of problems in the firsts states, but noting serious, I solved the conflicts just by installing last, the mods with higher priority. Now the beta does the work, is powerful and with a great future!

In response to post #64484281. #64507636 is also a reply to the same post.

MikhailScott wrote: If NMM is updated like LOOT is will they be able to update it to comply with the new API?
tajetaje wrote: NMM is now depreciated, it won't be updated unless someone rewrites it to be compatible.

Figures. Forced update or else. What is being done to thousands of NMM users is bullshit.

In response to post #64509266. #64512826 is also a reply to the same post.

themaniac117 wrote: Vortex is garbage. It's an overdeveloped, messy, borked mess. Nice job sabotaging the original mod manager, which worked essentially out of the box. End of an era.
slowman87 wrote: Bullshit, I have been using this even since the alpha state. With NMM had several problems, crashes, and the tool suddenly stopped managing some files, making a mess of files. Go trow your garbage elsewhere!

I don't see why you're even complaining. Them building the Nexus Mods API is them literally making it so much easier for any one else (who has the knowledge) to build a mod manager or something similar to compete with their own Mod Manager.

In response to post #64509266. #64512826, #64515326 are all replies on the same post.

slowman87 wrote: Bullshit, I have been using this even since the alpha state. With NMM had several problems, crashes, and the tool suddenly stopped managing some files, making a mess of files. Go trow your garbage elsewhere!
ErraticFox wrote: I don't see why you're even complaining. Them building the Nexus Mods API is them literally making it so much easier for any one else (who has the knowledge) to build a mod manager or something similar to compete with their own Mod Manager.

One persons easy is another persons bullshit. keep it simple. NMM did just that. I'm really getting tired of those who use Vortex putting down NMM. It smells like propaganda. Bottom line, let people chose for themselves. Also, don't cut off NMM in your new API, as most of your users still use NMM., which by doing so only proves that you are trying to force folks to use your new Vortex.

In response to post #64509266. #64512826, #64515326, #64517946 are all replies on the same post.

ErraticFox wrote: I don't see why you're even complaining. Them building the Nexus Mods API is them literally making it so much easier for any one else (who has the knowledge) to build a mod manager or something similar to compete with their own Mod Manager.
WishkahKid wrote: One persons easy is another persons bullshit. keep it simple. NMM did just that. I'm really getting tired of those who use Vortex putting down NMM. It smells like propaganda. Bottom line, let people chose for themselves. Also, don't cut off NMM in your new API, as most of your users still use NMM., which by doing so only proves that you are trying to force folks to use your new Vortex.

Nobody is forcing you to use anything, so cut the drama, we're not in a soap opera.

I've recently got into FO4 modding after years of tampering with Skyrim using MO2. I switched over to Vortex to try it, and my word, well done. This is pretty painless to use compared to the other options out there. I think this might get less techy people into modding as it's really easy to sort out conflicts.