Blog piece: Ads, Supporters, Endorsements and Bandwidth Throttling

Dark0ne

I wholeheartedly support this. I personally run with ads and at least attempt to run the skin ads. I know from personal experience how vital ad sales can be to a websites continuing function. I also approve of this change to the endorsement system and seriously hope that it will increase endorsement ratios not only to the megamods but also to the little guys who probably need it more :)

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't even know there was a skin ad system until I read this. Going to take a look now :) Keep up the great work! ^_^

I think this solution is brilliant. I couldn't have come up with a better one myself. Plus, I like the idea of the "Endorse it" or "Abstain from Endorsing this Mod" as from my perspective endorsements are sometimes all the satisfaction I need. Many modders consider endorsements as a thank you from the user, and it's nice to feel appreciated but often times I think the endorsement system gets ignored. This is a good way to really get the endorsement system in use and in doing so not break it. Good job!

I have adblocker blocking almost all of my ads by default. I've lots of reasons for this but in all honesty it's mostly because I find them an intrusive annoying mess that distracts me from what I'm trying to do.

I signed up to be a premium subscriber when I started visiting the site every day, thinking that it was only fair since the service I'm getting is excellent.

Oh - idea here - let me endorse a mod from the nexus mod manager. I'd be better at remembering to do it then.

edit: just realised there is a button for this. hah! Make it so I can click the star on the line though, please. I'll only forget its there again otherwise! :)

(me being easily distracted & not remembering to endorse isn't me being lazy, i'm on strong pain medication and these are side effects!)

Edited by perrob

I intend to continue to support you all. Mostly because I cannot seem to quit playing all the games you support here. Thank you all for the hard work. And thanks also for the up front manner in which you keep us informed.

While I'm not planning to remove my ad-blocker for security reasons, I feel this is a good plan and I'll become a supporter ASAP. The premium membership won't help me though as my internet connection is capped at 1Mbps. I also agree with someone else's post that you could still make internal (safe) gaming-related ads optional for supporters.

Sound good. (Tell you the truth I read only the end half) Endorsement is a big issue and hopefuly with the new NMM and this, people will do it.

I have no problem with picture ads the sound ads are why I use a blocker. Those ads are super loud and they play when ever they feel like it and since I usually have 10 tabs open I have to go through and find which one. I would like to go premium and I'm willing to mail a check, money order or western union even if it takes 2 weeks for you to receive it and membership kicks in. I just refuse to use Paypal. That company is pure evil.