Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

hello

i would like to know where do you put a .esp file to use in the new edition of skyrim? and then see it to activate.

i made a mod years ago, a house mod, and i pasted the .esp file into the steam library > steamapps > common > skyrim special edition > mods (.esp here).

when i look at the mods selection when you start skyrim, i cannot see it in the list...

i would appreciate any advice, stevmjon

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

How can I delay companion dialog topics?

I recently completed the ck tutorial so novice here. I've constructed the dialog such that the npc will tell a story over 4 sessions. Currently these work but when the first session or branch is complete the next start topic appears as a dialog option. What I want to do is to delay subsequent branches from starting until 24 in game hours have passed. How can I do that?

Thanks.

thank you very much, it worked. i can see it in the list.

Typically, you would use a global variable to record when the first phase completed, and add a test on that global value in the 2nd phase start up conditions, comparing it to the current time global provided by the game.

thank you very much, it worked. i can see it in the list.

Typically, you would use a global variable to record when the first phase completed, and add a test on that global value in the 2nd phase start up conditions, comparing it to the current time global provided by the game.

I suppose this was actually in response to my query, so thanks. The idea of "if (reftime - currenttime) <= 0 then do something" isn't foreign to me; presumably I could use that or the RegisterForSingleUpdate(x.x) and OnUpdate() pair if I knew how to make the script execute prior to the topic being displayed. After thinking about this and writing the response the problem isn't how to create the delay but how to implement it, that is I apparently need to know more about properties and what specifically my script extends.

Anyway, thanks again.

Edited by BUSRAV

• 2 weeks later...

okay question for the skyrim mod Enhanced Skyrim Factions - The Companions Guild on the open circle the fight sparring against all 4 other whelps is bogging down taking forever and eventually freeing my game any hints or things that ever move it along or complete it so i can move on.

Question two on the Fertility mod i've yet to be able to actually progess a kid i've adopted spawned to training anybody else

I suppose this was actually in response to my query, so thanks. The idea of "if (reftime - currenttime) <= 0 then do something" isn't foreign to me; ....

Anyway, thanks again.

Actually, I was suggesting you make that test in a quest condition, not in a script. There are various places in a quest where you might put the condition: quest stage, scene stage, player dialog, misc dialog, ...

In your case, you should put it directly in the relevant player dialog.

• 3 months later...

So I know in console that player.getav movementnoisemult will give the value for noise detection that your character currently has, but what is the proper command for getting the current value of light detection. I'm can't tell of getlightlevel is just the lighting of the area, or if that number takes into account any perk my character might have to reduce it's light detection level.