iNeed - Food Water and Sleep

MageThief

MageThief

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 58 posts

The "No snow under the roof" mod have been hidden. :sad:
Hopefully it is just temporary.

Edited by MageThief, 08 March 2014 - 05:47 PM.

blabba

blabba

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
You know what's the most epic thing about these videos?

By the time Mr. Gopher has done and published the review it's guaranteed that at least 1 of the amazing mods he's reviewed who's links he gives to the nexus has been removed/banned/or hidden.

I never knew that mods were becoming limited time only at the nexus, though thankfully the mod authors do provide 'longer lasting' mirrors but those links never make it on the description for whatever reason.

Anyway, thanks again for the review video looks awesome!

Edit: No Snow under the roof works from Steam Workshop, but because I dunno if it's against the rules to link directly I'm just gonna say google it and download from their.

Edited by blabba, 08 March 2014 - 05:52 PM.

Gopher

Gopher

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 6,598 posts
In response to post #12676993.

I have no idea why the mod author has hidden that file currently. Probably it is just being updated. The mod authors profile mentions working on a bug.

MageThief

MageThief

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 58 posts
In response to post #12676993. #12677188 is also a reply to the same post.

Yeah I saw that also on Steam, but i do not think that one is the latest version.

Edited by MageThief, 08 March 2014 - 06:11 PM.

oqhansoloqo

oqhansoloqo

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
The author of No Snow Under the Roof temporarily took his mod down apparently due to issues he had with the way that people were trying to advise him on technical compatibility fixes (cleaning some things using TES5Edit). Hopefully it's just temporary.

Gopher

Gopher

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 6,598 posts
In response to post #12677683.

Can you not hide mods on Steam too?

Gopher

Gopher

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 6,598 posts
In response to post #12676993. #12677188, #12677493 are all replies on the same post.

I think that is reckless advice to be honest. If the mod author has hidden the mod it may be for good reason and people would be better off waiting until he himself makes an official statement as to why. There are many reasons mod authors put files to hidden, especially in it's early days when development is on going.

If the mod author thinks it is best that a file is to be hidden, my advise is to just be patient.

blabba

blabba

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
In response to post #12676993. #12677188, #12677493, #12677898 are all replies on the same post.

Thanks for the update :)

Still it is sad to see as I revisit many of your other mod review videos that I had skipped out on before, to see the links to nexus die. Meh, luckily google is their and the numerous other mod sites still host it!

Edit: As for steam workshop links, they almost always tend to be faster updated than nexus because if you think about it, the CK literally has a button to upload your mods to the Workshop...
Also, it's a lot easier to setup your mod page their (from my own opinion of course, not as customizable as the pages here though)

Edited by blabba, 08 March 2014 - 06:31 PM.

Aipex8

Aipex8

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts
Thanks for the video, Gopher! Loved the poem, like an evil Doctor Seuss.

Version 3 is in the works, and although I'm not making master level spells for all of them, I am adding a necromancer that will be master level and stay around a lot longer! You can see WIP images of him on the mod's image page.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.984 seconds