Steam sale and downloading issues prompts CDN expansion

Dark0ne

I know the new donwload stuff removes one click (how fast...), but removes funcionality. I cannot even manually download stuff. I had to go code digging and change the Fileserver in the URL so i can download, just because your script doesn't know how to switch servers when one is overloaded.

Please put the old system back in. I want to switch when I cant download.

Edited by Akzyra

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perfectly understandable. It comes as no shock to me nexus is being slammed after the summer sale. I joined nexus last year when I built my PC for video and audio editing. To the death of my wallet I found PC gaming was so much better than console gaming I have not gone back. I'm not upset with the download issues I will just try a later time. For the service you get with Nexus its hard to be mad at anything "wrong." with the site. Edited by Guest

Ok, i am glad this was posted, cause i was clearing my cookies and checking my internet a bunch a few minutes ago trying to find why i couldn't download anything from the nexus, glad to know it is not on my end and that the problem is being dealt with.

well, actually I didn't get any errors since yday.

I was able to download some pretty hefty files, one in particular was 400,000kb+, which confuses me because of the upload limit... but w/e, at least I can get the files I want.. shame about that one armor mod though.

It was up for a couple of days, but when I could finally download it, it had been taken down.

I guess it never really bothered me. I noticed it when I was trying new or re-downloading updated mods. Sometimes having to try upwards of 5 times. But I guess I'm one to not really care since the modders are providing free material. Thanks to you guys, and the modders; everyone involved, you make games more fun and re-playable, and that's all I care about. I thank you for having a wonderful nmm tool and to those that frequently contribute to the site!

Hey is this why even though I am premium my downloads (using NMM) are only around 500-700 KB/S??

I decided reinstall Skyrim and am building my mod list back up, so I upgraded to Premium cause I am going to be downloading a lot. Just wondering if it is because of this,  or another issue...

EDIT: I dont think it is on my end, I just ran a speedtest and my speeds are 31/6, so I am actually getting a tiny bit more speed than my ISP even provisions me for.

BTW thanks for keeping us notified and it's understandable that the servers would get overloaded considering this circumstances. 

EDIT2: manually downloading seems much faster than through NMM. I am getting about 1500-1800 KB/s manually which I am pleased with.

EDIT3: Now I just tested the same file in NMM and it is getting 2K+ KB/s. Hmm. Well thats awesome! Just 20 or so minutes ago I was only getting the 500 KB/s on average, and it has been like that for a few days? Whenever I upgraded at least. Very interesting that as soon as I make a post about it, the problem seems to have gone away lol. Life is full of coincidences!

Edited by Suzii