SKSE

Lodbrok

This script extender is really holding up any real progress with the modding community here and it would be a shame if the 64 bit Skyrim just died out because of it.

It's neither holding things up nor is the SSE modding community dying out. That's hyperbole that has no place. SSE's modding community is very much alive and well and churning out quality stuff. All without the supposed absolute necessity of SKSE.

... Open Cities which was unplayable in Oldrim.

Not entirely true. It only becomes problematic in LE if you have a massive load order, and even then it's entirely solved by the SKSE memory patch. The reason it's no longer an issue in SSE is because SSE has no need for that memory patch.

Honestly, SKSE has become a crutch. One people seem unwilling to consider as such. Just look around at the various mods that claimed to once need it that ported to SSE just fine without it. Mod authors just need to be willing to be more inventive in their solutions. Obviously DLL hacks are a different story, but then SSE doesn't require them so it's kind of a moot point.

Thanks btw for releasing the new opencities SE that can remove oblivion gates ;) That's the only thing I needed from your mods, SKSE wise... and now it's done without SKSE.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I think I was being too much of a downer. Sorry, It just seems like there is a lack of enthusiasim for modder's to add content to SE like in Oldrim. I just don't get why they won't let go of that old platform for a much better one that really works. To me all that SKSE brings is bouncy, bouncy and high heels.

Okay, so I think I was being too much of a downer. Sorry, It just seems like there is a lack of enthusiasim for modder's to add content to SE like in Oldrim. I just don't get why they won't let go of that old platform for a much better one that really works. To me all that SKSE brings is bouncy, bouncy and high heels.

There are a lot of mods that use SKSE and SkyUI for the MCM so you can configure the mod settings, like Frostfall and Campfire or Unread Books Glow. The options in SSE Campfire are done with a spell, but having a full menu to look at is more convenient; I would certainly prefer it, but I'll make do with the spell. Sadly, I can't use my favorite perk mod, Perks UI, in SSE because it requires SKSE and MCM to use. It's true that Skyrim does have a lot of sexy mods, but most of the mods on the Nexus are not related to that at all, including most of the ones that need SKSE.

Anyone who says a comment like that hasn't bothered to look with the tools the Nexus provides to sort through mods. Looking through the (top 100) 'Most endorsed files of all-time' you have to get to the 40s before you start seeing any beautification mods. Even then, there are only a handful out of those 100. You can also filter the search using the SKSE tag. Some need SKSE in Oldrim just to allow Skyrim to use more memory, which isn't needed with the 64-bit version.

As others have said, there IS enthusiasm for SSE mods. Some of the dearth comes from some of those original authors simply not being around anymore. If they aren't around, or have moved onto other games like Fallout 4, their mods aren't getting ported. Heck, a new weather mod and a new tree mod was released just recently for SSE. It seems like there is at least one new SSE mod every day.

Your perception of both the Oldrim and SSE modding is completely different from what I've observed for both of those games.

LOL, enormous number of mods and modders depends on SKSE but I do it in my spare time, I don't give a f*** about thousends of people waiting for it, and of course I don't know what GitHhub is to speed the development, nuff said.

expired6978 (Brendan Borthwick) doesn't work on SKSE.

Sorry for the late reply... I didn't have access to the Internet...(my connection down) anyways, Isn't "purple lunchbox" Brendan Borthwick and "expired6978" like could be that their names are same but I kinda doubt that, the skse website says purple lunchbox and Brendan Borthwick also f4se says it too so I thought maybe.... idk mistake ?

Sorry for the late reply... I didn't have access to the Internet...(my connection down) anyways, Isn't "purple lunchbox" Brendan Borthwick and "expired6978" like could be that their names are same but I kinda doubt that, the skse website says purple lunchbox and Brendan Borthwick also f4se says it too so I thought maybe.... idk mistake ?

I was incorrect - Brendan Borthwick has the username expired6978 here on Nexus but goes by PurpleLunchbox on the SKSE team. So I was wrong.

However, none of that matters, considering how horribly entitled you were in that post.

Edited by Reneer

I was incorrect - Brendan Borthwick has the username expired6978 here on Nexus but goes by PurpleLunchbox on the SKSE team. So I was wrong.

However, none of that matters, considering how horribly entitled you were in that post.

Hey! well mistakes happen right?

Ive been playing SE without it and really the only mods I used SKSE for was the MCM menu,Race menu and Duel Sheath Redux( which who knows if it will be made SE compatible when SKSE comes out)and honestly havent missed it because of all the great mods that have come out for SE.So for me if it comes out it comes out and for those who wont play without it they are missing out on in my opinion a much better version of Skyrim.

Ive been playing SE without it and really the only mods I used SKSE for was the MCM menu,Race menu and Duel Sheath Redux( which who knows if it will be made SE compatible when SKSE comes out)and honestly havent missed it because of all the great mods that have come out for SE.So for me if it comes out it comes out and for those who wont play without it they are missing out on in my opinion a much better version of Skyrim.

Here Here

I am not knowledgeable in matters of programming. I just appreciate good programing. So I can't make this mod, couldn't even begin to fake it. But I would be more than happy to pay for this mod. This script extender is really holding up any real progress with the modding community here and it would be a shame if the 64 bit Skyrim just died out because of it. It frustrates me to see tons of new mods weekly for Oldrim and just 1or 2 mods for SE, not to mention mod authors unwillingness to bring their mods over to SE. I really stopped playing Oldrim because of countless crashes and bug fixes and memory extenders etc... (way too much trouble to get a semi almost stable game) 64 bit is really superior to Oldrim and would work flawlessly with tons of great mods, just look at the new Bruma mod as an example or Open Cities which was unplayable in Oldrim. I know there are reports that they are working on Fallout but I really don't care about fallout so much as it works fine as it is. I would love to play Skyrim SE with all the Oldrim mods and then some. Unfortunatly the longer it takes for a script extender the more interest is going to wane and people will start to drop off.

This. Oh and when someone said "they already posted prerequisites bla bla.." he meant one post hidden somewhere in this forum (the topic was even closed for long time), not the best way to reach the community, right?. If they really wanted someone to help and explain what they need they would write it on the homepage of their website. But guess what? They didn't and they won't.

SSE has been released 10 months ago, and all the interest (from modders) there was keeps getting lower and lower each day.

If this much pants s***ing is happening over SKSE, I can only imagine the reaction when there is no more Unofficial patches. No one would buy TES anymore?

The project is dead people. Let's this go and move on. The two of them obviously don't come to this forum anymore.

As for F4SE, for reasons unknown 4.2 was unannounced on reddit(and the link on the side not changed to reflect that), yet 4.2 is available on silverlock.

So that lead me to believe, these guys just wants to be left alone now. So leave them be.

Edited by Lisselli