Which game (or games) do you have the fondest memories with?

MikeRyan

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have great memories with the Streets of rage particularly the first one. I discovered it when I was a child and I've been particularly impressed by the graphics, the music, all this artisitc work that give it a film noir atmosphere. The last level gave me a particularly strong sensation notably with its music, I felt ragged between the apprehension of a tragic ending and my impatience to complete the game, that was an outstanding experience.

Edited by Oblivionaddicted

• 4 weeks later...

Marathon by Bungie, mid-nineties....was Mac-only when I played it. Beat the hell out of Doom in my opinion. You had to think as well as shoot. Much better graphics and story...You can still play it today with two simple downloads...

On PC? Deus Ex...the original. Played them all since....none of the later releases can compete.

Honorable mention to...Delta Force, Star Craft, and, an incomplete game that kept me in...called "Dungeon Lords" .

My first ever game was Colossal Cave Adventure, considered by some to be the grandfather of today's RPG games. I fell in love with this interactive, line mode, RPG on a Honeywell computer.

A version of that game is available free via the Microsoft Store, if anyone is interested.

Oh wow thank you so much for the wonderful memory OldSalty - I got my first computer in the early 80s, this my first game, then went on to the level 9 games with immense pleasure and much hair tearing out trying to work them out. They were fiendishly frustrating It was so fantastic when you managed to work out how to get through to that next level of the puzzle.

Thank you so much for the info that you can still get it - I have just downloaded it and am about to have a travel down memory lane. :thumbsup:

Edited by dbuzzyb

• 7 months later...

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction - Staying up all night during the summer repeatedly just to play it and exploring the city.

Oblivion - Discovered it in 2013, long after it released and played it on my old potato on the lowest possible settings. Never played a game that felt like that. I was actually there and could interact and talk with everyone. All of the superhero games, humans were just decorations and you spent a lot of time in the air. I'd played minecraft previously and loved to explore, but this game was all about that and had actual stuff I could find and get rewarded for finding instead of seeds with empty villages (I had 1.8.1)

Spider-Man 2 - I actually filmed myself playing a boss I was having a hard time with and won when I recorded, then my dumb but deleted it instead of putting it on YouTube, or may have deleted it from YouTube.

Toy Story 2 - First game I ever owned

Gran Turismo - Couldn't read or understand most of it at the time, but it was fun trying to race my sister. Played it by myself before my parents got rid of the PS1 for some reason and kept the games :/

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Best memories: Star Wars Galaxies - the first MMO I played. Started in Mos Eisley on Tatooine. Made a crafter and a dancer. Met some players from my country. They happened to have a town on Dantooine. Before long, I was sniping Mokk shamans for credits, visiting Coronet City for buffs, decorating my small house... Damn, I could go on and on. It was a real sandbox game. Getting a good rifle or a decent set of armor was not just a matter of typing a few keywords into a global market interface... at least not initially. We did shopping tours, visiting the habitable planets with player cities, checking out weapon and armor vendors one after the other until we found something that was good enough or affordable enough... the first Krayt hunt, visiting Lars Homestead, Fort Tusken, the Sarlacc Pit. I can't believe it was 19 years ago. /LeSigh