Jump to content

Photo

Lua Lockbashing


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1
Site Bot

Site Bot

    Fear me

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,148,835 posts
Lua Lockbashing

Adds in lock-bashing from Daggerfall, but using Lua.

#2
Therampantfury

Therampantfury

    Enthusiast

  • Premium Member
  • 179 posts
So is this OpenMW only? Where does the file go?

#3
opiter09

opiter09

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
In response to post #82728513.


Spoiler

This does not work in OpenMW. The file has been repackaged to clarify it goes into Data Files/MWSE/mods.

#4
Necrolesian

Necrolesian

    Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
I'm experiencing an odd issue with this.

I go into Eldafire's house in Seyda Neen and save. Partially bash the lock on the chest in there, then reload my save. And the chest is just gone. Restarting Morrowind brings it back.

I've tried this with a few different containers and doors in Seyda Neen (nowhere else so far) and I can only reproduce this with the chest in Eldafire's house, but it's reliable with that chest. It happens every time.

#5
frankstahl

frankstahl

    Enthusiast

  • Premium Member
  • 232 posts
In response to post #82734548.


Spoiler

I tried this multiple times with this and other chests, but cannot confirm this glitch in any way. In my case, everything works correctly.
(To be honest, as you describe the problem, it would be surprising if it was caused by this mod.)
There must be something else going on inside your game some other mod or extension perhaps?
Some suggestions:
- Did you try other combinations? E.g. go inside house, save, then immediately load again go inside house, save, use lockpick on this chest, then load again, and similar "creative" ways of trying to reproduce this strange behaviour?
- Did you try systematically disabling other plug-ins and/or Lua mods and then reproducing the problem?
- Quite far-fetched, but anyway: I am using Morrowind Containers Animated (Lua version); in case you are using this (or the older non-Lua version), could it perhaps be an issue in conjunction with this mod?

Edited by frankstahl, 06 July 2020 - 09:19 AM.


#6
Kudix

Kudix

    Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
I currently use Greatness7 non-Lua version, started a new playthrough lately and don't want to switch in the moment. But I'll definetly use your mod in the future.

As I have not installed your mod yet - just one question:
G7 allows to modify weapon condition damage via console command. His default values are to high for my taste and changing them once at the start of the game works fine for me.
How do you handle this? Any configurable slider settings? MCM maybe?

#7
opiter09

opiter09

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
In response to post #82750053.


Spoiler

No MCM for this one, as changing that one feature didnt seem worth the hassle. However, if you go into main.lua you will see the following line: local weaponDamage = tes3.mobilePlayer.strength.current * 3
Just change the 3, or do whatever, most math stuff works intuitively

#8
Necrolesian

Necrolesian

    Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
In response to post #82734548. #82738473 is also a reply to the same post.


Spoiler

Yeah it's weird. I didn't spend too much time testing it. It doesn't happen when I just save/reload without partially bashing the lock, but I haven't tried other combinations. And I'm not using Containers Animated.

I experienced this with 1.0 though. I'll play around with it in 1.2.

#9
Necrolesian

Necrolesian

    Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
In response to post #82734548. #82738473, #82765673 are all replies on the same post.


Spoiler

You're right, it's not caused by this mod.

Actually, I have no idea what's causing it. It's not just bashing the lock, it's anything that changes the chest's lock data (bashing it, picking it, using "unlock" in the console). But only if I then reload a save from before I unlocked the chest (saving/reloading after I unlock it is fine). And only if that save is in Eldafire's house.

And apparently only with this specific chest in Eldafire's house. I tried it with a different instance of the same container (com_chest_02_misc10) and it didn't happen. And I've never seen this happen before anywhere else.

This happens for me with all MWSE mods uninstalled, with all esp/esms deselected except the Bethesda masters, with MGE XE disabled, and with all MCP patches uninstalled.

I have no idea. The good news is it has nothing to do with this mod.

Edited by Necrolesian, 07 July 2020 - 04:50 AM.


#10
Necrolesian

Necrolesian

    Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
Now that I know this mod isn't the cause of that weird issue I was having, I really like it. It seems to work great with the limited testing I've done.

The fact that I have to look away then look back to reset the tooltip is a bit immersion breaking, but it's not a huge deal. I think it would be possible in lua to refresh the tooltip immediately (using :updateLayout() I think). I'm not sure, the UI is scary to me.

Also, the messagebox says "the door is unlocked" even if it's a chest or other container.




IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.018 seconds