Big changes for the Nexus Mod Manager and the introduction of Tannin42, our new head of NMM development

Dark0ne

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43209560. #43209910, #43210605 are all replies on the same post.

Dreadborn wrote: An update is always (well, most of the times) good news for every program we use BUT do we have to uninstall ALL our mods AGAIN?? Can't we avoid this somehow? It's totally a pain and prevent us from updating NMM and benefit from any new feature.
Thx.
Tannin42 wrote: We are of course aware of this problem. On the other hand we don't want old "baggage" to hold us back.
I can't make any promise yet but we will look into importing from existing NMM and MO installations into the new versions and I will do my best to make updates of the new manager more robust.
JimmyRJump wrote: There must be a way to make the new mod manager get along with, for example, NMM profiles or something along that stretch so that existing NMM profiles can be imported?

Thank you for your answer and gl with your new task! We all here wish you the best! :)

I told you to do this years ago.

You probably did. But you didn’t send me a cheque for the wages.[/Quote]

Funny, that's so freakin funny.

Anyway, when I first started reading this, it was reading like you were getting ready to tell us that "This dog needs to be put down. I'm sorry but there is nothing more we can do", and that we needed to get a new way to do mods. I'm glad that it turned out that I was just reading it wrong and that Nexus is still going. I like being a beta tester, even though I'm not playing and using NMM like I did when I started, I still like having it.

So this will take time, oh well. I'm not worried about it. If it leads to a better tool that can take non-Bethesda games that have a more complex way of injecting scripts & textures, then I'm all for the taking of time. Just keep doing what you are doing.

BadWolf

In response to post #43211435. #43213045, #43213095 are all replies on the same post.

Jokerine wrote: Haha, joke's on ya. You'll have to pry NMM 0.47.3 from my cold, dead hands :devil:
TerrorFox1234 wrote: IT's 2016 JOKERINE! Get with the times ;)
Jokerine wrote: Oh, shush it, Mr Red User Title :P

He won't marry you if you don't update to the latest version.

NMM is so made that without a tutorial, even a novice can install selected mods, I'm Modder, and I do complicated things, but I could not install even one mod MO no tutorial, a huge difference, NMM is very user-friendly, simple, fast, is the best and will continue :)

In response to post #43211435. #43213045, #43213095, #43213590 are all replies on the same post.

Jokerine wrote: Haha, joke's on ya. You'll have to pry NMM 0.47.3 from my cold, dead hands :devil:
TerrorFox1234 wrote: IT's 2016 JOKERINE! Get with the times ;)
Jokerine wrote: Oh, shush it, Mr Red User Title :P
Dark0ne wrote: He won't marry you if you don't update to the latest version.

DARN YOUUUUUU /shakes fist

In response to post #43212230. #43212635 is also a reply to the same post.

VictorDragonslayer wrote: Time goes, things change. As a MO user I have several questions:

1) What will happen with NMM UI? Will we be able to make it look similar to MO? I understand that someday I'll have to use NMM instead of MO and I really don't want to get used to absolutely new interface.

2) What about advanced features of MO, will we be able to include/turn them on in NMM? MO provides a lot of valueable information about mods and their components and I would hate to lose it.

3) Are you interested in translators? I've noticed that certain part of Russian-speaking community has troubles with English UI and English tutorials, which often results in mistakes. I can help you with translation and documentation - I have an experience of teaching people how to mod their games properly and maintain small guides about mods in my free time.
Tannin42 wrote: re 1) The UI will be different from both NMM and MO. It will be very themeable but I don't think you will be able to completely change the structure of the interface.

re 2) That is the plan, yes. My hope is that eventually the new NMM will be able to provide even more details than MO did but likely not in the default setting and probably not in the first public release.

re 3) We're developing the new NMM with translation in mind. Again, we haven't made a final decision yet how we're going to get translations in but MO had localizations and I was quite happy with how that worked. I figure there will be another announcement once we cross that bridge.

@Tannin42 What about translating from Queen's English to American English? Any plans for needing someone to do that? LMFAO, just kidding. That was just a joke I made to all my British colleagues on the SLACK boards, I teased them about certain spelled words.

Please don't take this reply seriously, I was making a "call back" on my joke.