Big changes for the Nexus Mod Manager and the introduction of Tannin42, our new head of NMM development

Dark0ne

I can say as one of the newer users of NMM, I welcome the entire project. Don't get me wrong, I love the Nexus; this is truly a great community with loads of content, and many talented folks, but trying to use the NMM is a pain most of the time ( like the crash on overwrite file bug ). I was happy to see a hotfix in place so fast. But this is also my point, since I've been a NMM user I've seen three major updates. So moving forward with new ideas, new faces, and lessons learned I wish you all the luck in the world. I for one will be waiting for the first release of the new software.

Thanks for everything so far,

An old fart that loves Modded Games

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43211435. #43213045, #43213095, #43213590, #43213755, #43213855 are all replies on the same post.

Jokerine wrote: Haha, joke's on ya. You'll have to pry NMM 0.47.3 from my cold, dead hands :devil:
TerrorFox1234 wrote: IT's 2016 JOKERINE! Get with the times ;)
Jokerine wrote: Oh, shush it, Mr Red User Title :P
Dark0ne wrote: He won't marry you if you don't update to the latest version.
Jokerine wrote: ...

DARN YOUUUUUU /shakes fist
DontBlnkBadWolf wrote: lol, got you on that one @Jokerine

@Dark0ne: You just revealed he's single. Now all the wonderful single nerd ladies will be working *Extra* hard for it ;)

-Not me
-I'm a guy
#AwkwardButNotSureHowElseToSayIt

The is awesome Dark0ne!!!

I was so thrilled reading this!! I am very happy that you were able to get Tannin to work in nexus team. I stopped using NMM after two months of use, after seeing a Gopher's video introducing MO.

I imagined there was a team behind MO, not just one person. Amazing. Ever since I got Fallout 4 I have been searching on google, now and then, for Fallout 4's MO and now that I read this... Great news!

Got a bit concerned over Tannin stop working on MO, but smart as you all look to be, all this decisions will give us one perfect mod manager. Plus I couldn't complain, the only donation I have ever made was to skyrimtuner for Enb RealVision.

Gotta reinstal all mods again, probably, but most of mod users already spend a huge amout of time modding their games, that won't make a difference.

Nexus team. Always looking to better and improve themselves.

Can't wait to see the new NMM!

what is that, a manager?

Although I am stupid, but I have never used a manager.

I am mine own manager, If I make a mistake in the installation, then I am angry with myself.

But if there is an error by the manager, on Whom can I then be angry?

The anger then remains in me and that is not good for health. LOL

In response to post #43213860. #43214125 is also a reply to the same post.

renthal311 wrote: one thing I do not like the NMM that creates a 'virtual installation folder mods', it looks like this: install for Skyrim 50 mods, weighing 12GB, NMM creates additional 12GB unnecessary ballast on my hard, cleanrooms think: if I mods already installed and placed files in Skyrim, what I 12GB redundant copies? ? It is a bad solution, the only thing I noticed, I love NMM :D , REN
Gruftlord wrote: It's not actually taking up twice the space, that is a display error in windows explorer. I hope they stay with this technique of 'virtualization', because it sounded way more robust than MO's (actual) virtualization.

After actually testing a few months ago, NMM is not robust >_< That is, it lets you run things directly on the skyrim folder instead of launching through NMM, but that's the only advantage. Things made by executables still aren't managed (they are in MO), NMM still needs to "remember" things (MO and Bash both just compare files in the folders, if a file exists in the mod folder, it's managed, not so for NMM even now), it's overall kind of a mess.

(Also NMM is really slow compared to MO, to be fair I was testing it with very large mods and smaller mods probably there would be no difference).

I hope they keep something more similar to MO's system, but keep it simple. No categories. No buggy as hell compatibility/install order checks. No buggy as hell "archive management." Give us an optional plugin to unpack BSAs right into the mod folder (the way MO does now), but make that option even more difficult to turn on. And for the love of god put every file back in the overwrite, instead of thinking you know where it goes! But keep each mod in its own, totally independent folder, and have *all* file operations be done *on that folder* instead of on the base game folder, so *everything* you do stays managed without having to think about it.

In response to post #43213170. #43213650 is also a reply to the same post.

stebo104 wrote: Mod Organizer is still a million times better then NMM.
renthal311 wrote: NMM is so made that without a tutorial, even a novice can install selected mods, I'm Modder, and I do complicated things, but I could not install even one mod MO no tutorial, a huge difference, NMM is very user-friendly, simple, fast, is the best and will continue :)

To install a mod in MO is exactly the same as in NMM. Double click the download file, activate the mod. Play.

MO just has ton more power.

In response to post #43211435. #43213045, #43213095, #43213590, #43213755, #43213855, #43214480 are all replies on the same post.

Jokerine wrote: Haha, joke's on ya. You'll have to pry NMM 0.47.3 from my cold, dead hands :devil:

silencer711 wrote: @Dark0ne: You just revealed he's single. Now all the wonderful single nerd ladies will be working *Extra* hard for it ;)

-Not me
-I'm a guy

Who said he's single?" *hiss* Edited by Jokerine

In response to post #43211435. #43213045, #43213095, #43213590, #43213755, #43213855, #43214480, #43214700 are all replies on the same post.

silencer711 wrote: @Dark0ne: You just revealed he's single. Now all the wonderful single nerd ladies will be working *Extra* hard for it ;)

-Not me
-I'm a guy
Jokerine wrote: Who said he's single?" *hiss*

Well played. It appears the JOKE'S ON ME!!!! Aaaaah! :D