SKSE

Lodbrok

Folks, it would be best to move on from SSE for a time, until SKSE is out. Save yourself the anxiety, and potentially losing interest in the game

This. I got back into Skyrim the end of September in anticipation of SSE. I didn't mod any of the graphics because at the time I was under the impression that SSE would simply mod the graphics...I was wrong.

SSE came out, none of my mods worked, I played it for ~10 minutes and became frustrated with the UI, so I went back to Skyrim. But I wanted better graphics. So I modded mine with RealVision ENB.

Now I'm stuck in the thieves guild and after about 10 hours trying to find out why it crashes on entering Riften, I've given up on Skyrim. Waiting for SKSE64 to be ready to support some of my mods and I'll try again.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, it would be best to move on from SSE for a time, until SKSE is out. Save yourself the anxiety, and potentially losing interest in the game

This. I got back into Skyrim the end of September in anticipation of SSE. I didn't mod any of the graphics because at the time I was under the impression that SSE would simply mod the graphics...I was wrong.

SSE came out, none of my mods worked, I played it for ~10 minutes and became frustrated with the UI, so I went back to Skyrim. But I wanted better graphics. So I modded mine with RealVision ENB.

Now I'm stuck in the thieves guild and after about 10 hours trying to find out why it crashes on entering Riften, I've given up on Skyrim. Waiting for SKSE64 to be ready to support some of my mods and I'll try again.

So, you're telling us that the graphics aren't any better than OG Skyrim? Really? Is that what you're saying? So, the screenshot below, must be what in your opinion? PS'd? Modded? A lot of people know that I have moved away feom mods. Was too many issues. Anyway, my game isn't modded. I'm not using any ENBs or ReShaders of any type. I run my game on ultra. Am hitting well over 60 fps, which is annoying at times. Anyways, the screenshot.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2nqsmk1.jpg

I tried both with and without enb + Reengaged preset and I have to say that I couldn't play Skyrim any other way now. In the original I didn't even finish the main quest because I was generally bored with it (compared to 'immersive out of the box' Morrowind). Now I really enjoy playing it even though SkyUI is older version and broken until the new skse release. [Edit: grammar, spelling]

Edited by wizardmirth

So, you're telling us that the graphics aren't any better than OG Skyrim? Really? Is that what you're saying? So, the screenshot below, must be what in your opinion? PS'd? Modded? A lot of people know that I have moved away feom mods. Was too many issues. Anyway, my game isn't modded. I'm not using any ENBs or ReShaders of any type. I run my game on ultra. Am hitting well over 60 fps, which is annoying at times. Anyways, the screenshot.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2nqsmk1.jpg

You misunderstand. I was saying that without the UI improvements, SSE is not fun for me. I need SkyUI, Athletics, and many other SKSE dependent mods for me to enjoy Skyrim. SSE does not currently have those. The graphics are fine. But I broke my original Skyrim game trying to mod with ENB, and now it is unplayable, so I can't play Skyrim and I can't play SSE for different reasons.

Have you tried using an ENB remover to get your Skyrim back to working order?

No. Part of the ENB were a good 30 visual enhancement mods before the ENB. It's a huge mess and I just haven't gone in and undone it. The visual enhancements are nice...but not necessary. I really am okay just waiting for SSE.

To the SKSE team...BeHippo and I think Ian Patterson and all, many many thanks for all the mega hard, undying work through all these years on a way to make our games come alive. Would love to have your talent and am thankful that you do!! IT'S DONE WHEN IT'S DONE PEOPLE!!!! Rock on guys!!

I had a brief look at a github repository from someone who recompiled (?) SKSE to 64 bit, there is a hell of a lot of code in there. I guess a lot of it is related to papyrus which supposedly hasn't changed much but yeah seeing that made me shudder. They did get it to show the version number in game by commenting out every function.