Official Vortex Beta Release

Dark0ne

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #64344181. #64348971 is also a reply to the same post.

VonFelden wrote: Screw this , Vortex thing sucks , interface is unclear, automation sucks compared to NMM, and its goodbye from many of Us to Nexus Mods in Vortex style. I can't understand why You push users that remember first years of Nexus into something so clearly bad designed like Vortex. NMM had many flaws but in it's simplicity is far better than this [looking like some cheap advertise scam] Vortex "program" . I can't understand how Can You tell "we just stopped NMM suport 2 years ago" to all your free and premium, but loyal users. It's much better politics to improve what You already build , that burn bridges.Time to pack a gear and take a look to the other sites. Do You know how many hours people around sacrifice to build mod lists and working configs, destroying it so easily will bring doom to the nexus. I wish us all some other mod services and sites that will stay true to idea o freedom and passion for modding, not to mention hard censorship for last few years over the nexus mods. Bye
KeltecRFB wrote: Bethesda is going to ruin it before Nexus ... LOL

I'm trying to find in your post anything constructive or useful to take from it, but you've offered nothing other than a seemingly aimless rant. If you want to provide a list of things you don't like, that would at least be a start towards something that would be helpful to us.

You could start by explaining how us releasing Vortex somehow affects your "freedom and passion for modding". Edited by Dark0ne

Tried Vortex when it first came out and wasn't impressed enough to keep it. Tried it again on a fresh install of FNV when it was released a few days ago, and so far everything seems to be working fine. Used LOOT and FNVedit to clean the DLC and FNVedit to clean any bad edits in my mods. I run about 30. So far it runs perfect. The real test comes when I get to Novac, I edited the Novac motel room mod, changed the esp to 1.47, and I have had freezes when opening the motel room door after doing that. When I get FNV running right I can run for hours with no problems. 4790K and GTX 1080 on a Dell gsync. Really like the fact I can set mod priorities with Vortex. Edit: just played three hours, got to Novac, rented the room, no problems. Next step, see if I can add a mod to a running game without losing stability. Edited by Majic7

In response to post #64331406. #64332176, #64332461, #64333581 are all replies on the same post.

WishkahKid wrote: I don't want to use Vortex. So, are we going to be forced to use it? In order to use your site? I much don't care for the future, if this is the case. I have a real problem with forced compliance.
Dark0ne wrote: No one is being forced to do anything.
WishkahKid wrote: From what I understand, auto downloads with NMM will be a thing of the past, manual only. Yes, or no?
Dark0ne wrote: Unless someone updates NMM to work with our new API, then yes, you will need to learn to do an extra step to get new mods into NMM.

sounds like forcing to me albeit an indirect way your still forcing us by no longer supporting one of the most used mod manager I have ever seen might have some issues but to say "if you want to still use it, go manually download it" is not helpful in the sightless with people who might be skeptical about this move

I just been messing around with SSE and Vortex for 1st time since its release. Fresh O/S, new SSD, gtx 1060 and im very impressed now i understand how it all works its becoming intuitive. its deployed the mods flawlessly. It is just a temporary setup until I rebuild my entire PC after Christmas so I did n't dive too deep. Just around 100 or so mods. My Skyrim has never looked so good. Nor has it performed so well in testing.

Now its inspired me too work harder and longer so I can jump all over a new PC sooner and do it for real :smile:

Its not NMM, nor is it MO but it does do exactly what is says on the tin, It manages your mods. People whinging about changes an getting salty...its called a learning curve for a reason. Like all tools be it a drill, milling machine or a piece of software it takes time to learn how things work. I really like Vortex. How it looks is actually irrelevant. The end result is what matters. With Vortex the end result is well managed mods, for a massive list of games. No other web site on the web provides such a service mostly for FREE

Thankyou nexus for bringing this fantastic tool to the gaming community.

Edited by Pippboss

In response to post #64332691. #64344101 is also a reply to the same post.

WishkahKid wrote: I guess what I'm asking here is that thousands of folks are still using NMM , are you going to cut them all off? What if these people don't want to use Vortex? Then what?
Unilythe wrote: Why the hell are you posting a dozen seperate comments mate? What is your thought process behind this monologue of yours?

My thought process is in keeping things easy to use and simple. What is your thought process in attacking those who would wish that? And yes, I admit I posted one to many times in the heat of the moment, for that, I apologize.

As an ex Mod Organizer user, I'm loving it. I installed it and started using it without bothering with instructions or tutorials. It's very intuitive for those who already have an understanding of how MO works. As for those who prefer the simplicity of NMM... I feel bad for how drastically things are changing for them :/ Edited by bombchu

In response to post #64344181. #64348971, #64351301 are all replies on the same post.

VonFelden wrote: Screw this , Vortex thing sucks , interface is unclear, automation sucks compared to NMM, and its goodbye from many of Us to Nexus Mods in Vortex style. I can't understand why You push users that remember first years of Nexus into something so clearly bad designed like Vortex. NMM had many flaws but in it's simplicity is far better than this [looking like some cheap advertise scam] Vortex "program" . I can't understand how Can You tell "we just stopped NMM suport 2 years ago" to all your free and premium, but loyal users. It's much better politics to improve what You already build , that burn bridges.Time to pack a gear and take a look to the other sites. Do You know how many hours people around sacrifice to build mod lists and working configs, destroying it so easily will bring doom to the nexus. I wish us all some other mod services and sites that will stay true to idea o freedom and passion for modding, not to mention hard censorship for last few years over the nexus mods. Bye
KeltecRFB wrote: Bethesda is going to ruin it before Nexus ... LOL
Dark0ne wrote: I'm trying to find in your post anything constructive or useful to take from it, but you've offered nothing other than a seemingly aimless rant. If you want to provide a list of things you don't like, that would at least be a start towards something that would be helpful to us.

You could start by explaining how us releasing Vortex somehow affects your "freedom and passion for modding".

The only thing that's really changed for you is the download integration. You can still manually drag files into NMM and use it like you always have. It's a little less convenient, but the fact is that you haven't really lost anything.

In response to post #64331406. #64332176, #64332461, #64333581, #64357321 are all replies on the same post.

WishkahKid wrote: I don't want to use Vortex. So, are we going to be forced to use it? In order to use your site? I much don't care for the future, if this is the case. I have a real problem with forced compliance.
WishkahKid wrote: From what I understand, auto downloads with NMM will be a thing of the past, manual only. Yes, or no?
Dark0ne wrote: Unless someone updates NMM to work with our new API, then yes, you will need to learn to do an extra step to get new mods into NMM.
marine927 wrote: sounds like forcing to me albeit an indirect way your still forcing us by no longer supporting one of the most used mod manager I have ever seen might have some issues but to say "if you want to still use it, go manually download it" is not helpful in the sightless with people who might be skeptical about this move

Thank you for your reply. My question is this, the majority of folks using this site are still using NMM, so, are you saying that you intend to cut most of your users off with your new API when it comes to auto downloads? And the only way not to be cut off from this action is to be forced to download/switch over to Vortex? Or force others to update to your standards? If this is the case, I don't think this is a very nice thing to do to most of your users. I truly hope that you would take the time to reconsider this, please. Thank you for your time.

In response to post #64331406. #64332176, #64332461, #64333581, #64357321, #64359236 are all replies on the same post.

marine927 wrote: sounds like forcing to me albeit an indirect way your still forcing us by no longer supporting one of the most used mod manager I have ever seen might have some issues but to say "if you want to still use it, go manually download it" is not helpful in the sightless with people who might be skeptical about this move
WishkahKid wrote: Thank you for your reply. My question is this, the majority of folks using this site are still using NMM, so, are you saying that you intend to cut most of your users off with your new API when it comes to auto downloads? And the only way not to be cut off from this action is to be forced to download/switch over to Vortex? Or force others to update to your standards? If this is the case, I don't think this is a very nice thing to do to most of your users. I truly hope that you would take the time to reconsider this, please. Thank you for your time.

Everyone is free to use whatever software they want - go use WryeBash if it makes you happy and you have a stable load order. But at no point do you have a right to be upset about unsupported, buggy, outdated software that has been replaced by something inherently better.

There are always going to be hurdles when things like this change, but the truth is that for any new users that start modding now they're going to have a much better experience. The automation and Nexus integration Vortex provides when sorting load orders means far fewer things are going to break, UI improvements means conflicts are clearly shown, and the expertise behind it means installations aren't broken. The truth is it's part luck, part ignorance, and part stubbornness that brings people here trying to cling to NMM. But if you actually spend some time getting to known the software, which isn't anywhere near as long as MO2 because you're guided when something isn't right, then you'll probably find that reinstalling your mod list isn't that much of a chore and this isn't as big a deal as you might think.