75 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997,304 posts
Debanding Mod

This mod fixes the unsightly banding in NieR: Automata, through shader replacement.

fallen2ruin

fallen2ruin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
Thank you for this. I really appreciate it. I've been putting off getting the game due to reports of near unplayability for pc. Then I recently found FAR. So I bought the game, and I don't regret it. Then, being someone that loves playing with mods, I decided to see what mods were available. I found this mod. I read what it does and thought "banding? what banding? what is banding anyway?" lol. My game seemed to be playing decently and I couldn't find any screenies of the banding this game has. So I did a search for "game banding" and saw what exactly it was. No banding. Then again, I was just about to hit the desert.....and there it was. Wow, that's pretty intense, lol. Thank you for the fix, I'm about to use it. From your description, it sounds like it will work great. Thank you for putting in the work on this. I love my eye candy and you have helped to make a game I already love even more lovable.

Thanks!

blackx2

blackx2

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Nice effort here, btw its not working for me :/

roxahris

roxahris

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 384 posts
Compatibility Status
Updates to Kaldaien's FAR does not play nice with 3DMigoto. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, these are all things Kaldaien must fix themself, and will need to be fixed by them in a mod update.
The releases page for FAR can be found here.

2018-03-08
Recent versions are compatible.
2017-07-30
No change since the last update.
2017-07-21
Currently, you will need to use version 0.6.2.16 (or similar) of FAR. Version 0.7.0.0 broke compatibility with 3DMigoto.
2017-06-12
Compatibility was fixed by the author in version 0.6.0.5.
2017-06-10
Currently, you will need to use version 0.6.0.0 of FAR. Version 0.6.0.1 broke compatibility with 3DMigoto.
2017-05-21
Compatibility was fixed by the author in version 0.5.6.12.
2017-05-03
Currently, you will need to use version 0.5.6.0 of FAR. Version 0.5.6.1 broke compatibility with 3DMigoto.

Compatibility should be restored in a future version - please ask the author of the mod for more details.

Edited by roxahris, 14 March 2018 - 06:07 PM.

fattythehutt

fattythehutt

• Premium Member
  • 11 posts
Between installing this and FAR, it's like a different game.

tjwoosta

tjwoosta

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
Honestly I didn't really notice the banding until I saw this mod and started looking for it. Then I couldn't unsee it and had to install this.

It works great, exactly as described. Im using it in combination with FAR and ReShade and everything seems to work together just fine as far as I can tell. The game looks amazing now.

midhras

midhras

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,693 posts
Hi. The mod works great for me when I use it in 16:9 aspect ratio. However, when I launch the game in something like a widescreen aspect ratio (e.g. 2.35:1) I get horizontal striped areas, dark and light. Maybe you could find a way to circumvent this, as it does a hell of a job preventing much of the banding issues.

EDIT: Never mind! It isn't your mod that's causing this. It's maybe FAR, or just the game.

Edited by midhras, 08 July 2017 - 12:46 PM.

Resident poster

• Account closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts
Before and after images would make it easier to understand what the mod does :/

farwarx

farwarx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
my game crash, before they close they sound like beeps or something like that

roxahris

roxahris

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 384 posts
In response to post #52099472. #52102397 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

How many beeps?

Are you using any other mods?

What graphics card do you have?

Edited by roxahris, 23 July 2017 - 10:42 PM.

Page loaded in: 0.960 seconds