1302 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,445,023 posts
Bandit Militias

Experimental. Makes bandits merge and form large mixed-troop militias.

lostRD

lostRD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Sounds like this a deeper version of BanditMerger from Combat Mod Collection. I've been trying to make something similar. I'll try yours for a bit.

DarthTrog

DarthTrog

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
Using mod version 1.0 and game version 1.3.1, has not crashed for me, not able to tell if active yet, still testing. may be crashing for you based on load order. Will update once I see if it working or not.

Update- Was not sure if Kaoses Parties Sizes might conflict with this mod or not, but am now seeing bandit militias now, so seems to be works as advertised.

I have about 55 mods active and no conflicts so far or crashes, for people having issues load order might help , tested on existing save game, not tested on new game but should work on new game. Have not removed to see if breaks save, but with the option to kill all parties should remove easy if no longer wanted- future conflict and have to test or choose which one to keep- example

Edited by DarthTrog, 03 June 2020 - 04:17 PM.

gnivler

gnivler

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 841 posts
In response to post #81624558.

Spoiler

Hmm didn't know about that one, did a bit of looking around.

gnivler

gnivler

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 841 posts
In response to post #81629398.

Spoiler

I should have posted that it's built against the beta branch. Not sure I'm going to support the other ones... developing two versions at once is a pain. You should see militias in a few days if it's working.

Edited by gnivler, 03 June 2020 - 02:09 PM.

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Hi gnivler, there is a task/quest for the player to kill " 3 parties/groups of bandits around the town", but according to your mod description, they might merge together and the player can never kill those 3 particular parties

gnivler

gnivler

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 841 posts
In response to post #81659858.

Spoiler

Hmm I see your point but I'm not sure it would be an issue. Definitely worth exploring. Reason being that all bandits of that faction spawning around the city you got the quest are flagged, it's not a limited set of flagged bandit parties. They might unflag if they merged though which I would definitely want to look at.

Edited by gnivler, 04 June 2020 - 06:23 PM.

lostRD

lostRD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I compiled this for stable before considering that I should at least check if the file you've released works. Working nicely on stable.

Is it intended behaviour that militias grab all troops (except 4 or 5) from bandit lairs, leaving them undefended?

One feature I wouldn't mind seeing is for a militia to split into smaller groups or to have small groups splinter off if the militia hasn't won a battle for a while. I don't know if bandits win fights often enough for that to make any sense though. The other side of that coin is that the reason they form militias in the first place could be that the bandit groups are too small to engage any of the parties around them. So when too small, they merge, and when too big, they split. Really I'm just looking for a more dynamic bandit world, and this mod has given me the taste I've been looking for.

gnivler

gnivler

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 841 posts
In response to post #81927353.

Spoiler

Thanks for the feedback, food for thought.

If all lairs are being left with that 4-5 minimum, problem imo. I didn't realize that was happening, so I'll check it out more. I didn't want to get too deep into how the bandits are spawning and risk causing mayhem, stayed simple with sticky groups. The splitting up makes sense, and shouldn't be too hard to do... famous last words.

Merallak

Merallak

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Is it working on 1.4.0 ? Which version should I use?

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.955 seconds