1817 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475,313 posts
Ui Info Suite

Provides helpful information about things around you designed to help you be aware of what's going on without feeling like you're cheating.

Voltaic123

Voltaic123

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 95 posts
Did you ask permission to release this? Even if you rewrote 100% of Demiacle's code, its still pretty shady to use his ip without asking.

cdaragorn

cdaragorn

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
In response to post #49986992.

Spoiler

I see little here that might fit into "his ip". Most of the mod is just mimicking the game's own ways of presenting information. There are no art assets and I didn't copy the one sound asset he used.

A big reason for rewriting the code is to come up with my own design so that I'm not using anything that could belong to him, though that's only part of why I chose to do that.

I would love to have just worked with him to fix the bugs in his mod, but as you can see by looking at it he's been missing for months now and the mod hasn't been working for almost the same amount of time. If he does come back I'm happy to talk about everything I did with him. My main interest is to get a mod that I love and a lot of people want to use back up and running and fix the bugs that were in it when it was working.

Edited by cdaragorn, 10 May 2017 - 09:31 PM.

Voltaic123

Voltaic123

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 95 posts
In response to post #49986992. #49987652 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

He's been gone for a little over a month, so hardly 'months'. Plus there's messages as recently as a week ago from him on the Stardew valley modding discord. I just think it would have been courteous to get permission first, but anyways I'm not here to police the nexus

cdaragorn

cdaragorn

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
In response to post #49986992. #49987652, #49988062 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

I wasn't aware of the Discord channel, thank you for the reference.

I'm certainly not trying to take anything from him. I referenced his mod here for a reason. From the perspective here on nexus, where he chose to put his mod up, a lot of people have been trying to get a hold of him and getting no response back for quite a while. The last message from him was the file update on March 20, so 10 days short of 2 months. I'm not even the first person to upload a fixed version of his mod after getting impatient with no way to get a hold of him (see http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1077/?).

Oblitus

Oblitus

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 581 posts
Would you put your code on Github? You are the third maintainer after first two got MIA, and we have a pattern here...

Also, found a bug with "show item hover information". When it is enabled, items on hotbar have no info at all.

Maybe put stack cost into brackets? Two numbers together are difficult to read.

Notes from "Harp of Yoba" mod have "animal bundle" notification.

Edited by Oblitus, 10 May 2017 - 11:25 PM.

cdaragorn

cdaragorn

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
In response to post #49990147.

Spoiler

I will probably put it up on GitHub soon, I would like to clean some things up before I do so :).

Thanks for the bug report! I just uploaded a new version that should fix that.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the stack cost. I agree that it's confusing the way it is. I don't think it's clear what exactly either of those numbers mean. I'm going to experiment with some ideas.

I'm not sure how to handle items added by other mods. I'll try to look into that, but this mod basically just asks the game if that item is required for any bundle. Could you try using that on the animal bundle and see if it actually works?

Oblitus

Oblitus

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 581 posts
In response to post #49990147. #49993082 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

> I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the stack cost. I agree that it's confusing the way it is. I don't think it's clear what exactly either of those numbers mean. I'm going to experiment with some ideas.

Currently, it looks like "10 250" where 10 is a price of one item and 100 is a price of the stack of 25. I'd suggest to change it to look like "10 (250)".

> Could you try using that on the animal bundle and see if it actually works?

It doesn't. I'd suggest to looks how Lookup Anything does it since it has no such problem:
http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/541/?

Also, it would be nice to see when looking on seeds if it is not too late for them to grow (also, see Lookup - it has such a thing, but it is not very handy to use), and maybe on crops how much a jar/keg product would worth. BTW, estimated crop cost does not account Tiller profession.

---------------

Bug: planted crop time remaining is wrong.

---------------

Fish description for all-season fish does not fit into a bubble.

Edited by Oblitus, 11 May 2017 - 03:21 AM.

Brandon007

Brandon007

Retired Commonwealth Spartan Author

• Premium Member
  • 3,474 posts
Cant use any part of the UI mod's options with a controller :(

Am I to assume this mod doesnt work with controllers yet? Using the A Button on a xbox controller doesnt do anything for any of the options in the mod. ;(

Edited by Brandon007, 11 May 2017 - 04:22 AM.

Valianty

Valianty

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
Nice to see this mod back to life again and even get improvise. Good luck, cdaragon.

ps. new level up sound would be nice if added next time. Miss that sound when i level up.

Edit: Its there anyway to turn off debug console message. It really cluttering my error log

Edited by keiro, 11 May 2017 - 01:38 PM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.054 seconds